What is DSPL?
DSPL is a Hertfordshire-wide partnership approach where parents, carers, staff in early years settings and schools, further education colleges, local authority officers and representatives from other agencies, work together as part of an Area Group, to ensure that there is a range of provision and support services available in their local community that :
- Meets the needs of children and young people with special educational needs and/or disabilities (SEND), aged 0-25, as close to home as possible.
- Widens choice for children and parers/carers
- Removes barriers to learning
- Improves outcomes for wellbeing and attainment
- Uses resources more effectively
There are nine DSPL Area Groups across the county that meet regularly to discuss what services are available and to influence how services are shaped and developed to ensure the children and young people with SEND in their area receive the right support in their educational activities.
The DSPL County Group is made up of:
- Early Years settings
- Primary Head teachers Forum (PHF)
- Hertfordshire Association of Secondary School Head teachers (HASSH),
- Special School Head teachers Forum (SSHF)
- Local Authority Officers