Gross Motor Skills Development and Sensory Circuits Dr. Helga Abernethy
ABOUT THE COURSE
Dr. Helga Abernethy (PhD) works with children and adults with sensory processing difficulties that underlie fine and gross motor skill delays and self-regulation difficulties.
Gross motor skills involve far more than people usually realise and they impact upon the development of a range of other areas. This training session will provide information on the following:
- What are gross motor skills?
- What is needed for good motor skill development?
- The impact of sensory processing difficulties on the development of gross motor skills
- Areas impacted by gross motor skills, including fine motor skills and handwriting
- The use of sensory circuits to develop gross motor skills
This course is suitable for both parents and professionals.
DATE: Wednesday 6th November 2019
TIME: 9:30am – 12:30pm
VENUE: St Paul’s Church, Blandford Road, St Albans, Herts, AL1 4JP
COST: Free to parents/carers and professionals from the DSPL7 area.
PARKING: Limited parking is available at the church. Free parking is available in the surrounding streets. There is no time limit until 1.30pm.
TO BOOK: Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Places are limited so please book.